This weeks recipe is a tasty batch of Vanilla cupcakes with coffee buttercream icing! Its the perfect treat to have in your home when you feel a sweet tooth coming on. They are extremely delicious and super easy to prepare! Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
Batch: 12 cupcakes
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– A scant ¾ cup of sugar
– 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 3 tablespoons of butter, at room temperature
– ½ cup of whole milk (2% is also fine)
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
Coffee buttercream Frosting:
– 1 ½ tablespoon of instant coffee granules
– 1 ½ tablespoon of water
– 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
– ¾ Lb. (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
-3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
– 3 tablespoons of milk
Prepare the cupcakes:
1. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in mixing bowl. Beat on slow speed until everything is combines and you have a crumb mixture with a sandy consistency. Gradually pour in half of the milk; beat until the milk is just incorporated.
2. Whisk together the remaining milk (1/4 cup), egg and vanilla. Pour into the flour mixture and beat until all ingredients are just incorporated. Beat for about another 30 seconds to one minute until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
3. Spoon batter into muffin pan cups lined with paper cupcake liners, filling cups ½ full. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden and the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly in the pan before removing cupcakes to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Prepare coffee buttercream frosting
4. Combine water, coffee granules, and vanilla extract in a small bowl; stir to dissolve coffee. Set aside.
5. Beat the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating for a few seconds between each addition. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the coffee mixture and milk; beat on low speed to combine. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Frosts 18 cupcakes.