These espresso brownies are the perfect on-the-go snack to munch on while your rushing out the door in the morning. Topped with a vanilla espresso glaze, these brownies are a decadent treat.
1 Hr 17 Min
Prep Time: 12 min
Inactive: 30 min
Cook: 35 min
Yield: 36 bite-size brownies
- Non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plus tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 box brownie mix
- ¾ semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9-inch by 13- inch pan with non-stick spray
- Whisk 1/3 cup of water, oil, eggs, and 2 eggs and two tablespoons espresso powder in a large bowl to blend.
- Add the brownie mix. Stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center on the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile dissolve the remaining two teaspoons of espresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth. Pour the glaze over the brownies. Refrigerate until glaze is set. Cut into bite size pieces. Arrange the brownies on a platter and serve.recipe provided by: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/espresso-brownies-recipe.html?soc=sharingpinterest