For all of the peanut butter lovers out there, this recipe is for you! And if you happen to love chocolate and coffee, than you’re in for a major treat! This week’s recipe is how to make delicious chocolate peanut butter espresso cake. The recipe is so simple and quick; you’ll be digging in before you know it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 cups flour
– 2 tsps. Baking powder
– ½ tsp. salt
– 4 tbsp. espresso (add more if needed for flavour)
– 1 cup white sugar
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ½ cup butter
– 2 large eggs
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 cup milk
– ½ cup of dark chocolate dreams peanut butter (or whichever brand works best for you)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9*5 loaf pan.
2. in a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and espresso.
3. In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until fluffy, add one egg beat and repeat until both eggs are mixed.
4. Beat dry ingredients into wet alternating between the milk and dry ingredients until combined.
5. Place half the batter into a bowl and mix in peanut butter.
6. Layer the light and dark batters by large spoonful’s and then swirl slightly with a knife.
7. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely, before slicing.