Let’s start 2016 off with a mouth- watering prime rib dinner like the one below. This is the perfect recipe to prepare for a romantic (and maybe a little messy) at home dinner date.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6
– 1 (3 to 4) prime rib roast
– 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
– 4 tablespoons brown sugar
– two teaspoons smoked paprika
– ¾ teaspoon chili powder
– ¾ teaspoon ginger
– ¼ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
– 1 tablespoon black pepper
– 1 ½ to 2 teaspoon coarse salt
– 2-3 cups chopped root vegetables (optional: Brussels, potatoes, carrots)
– 1 onion quartered
– 2 heads garlic, tips cut off
Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Butter
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
– 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
– 1 teaspoon worchestire sauce
– salt and pepper to taste
– 4-6 roasted garlic cloves (from the 2 heads above)
Step 1: In a bowl, combine the coffee grounds, brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, ginger, vanilla bean seeds, salt and black pepper. Rub spice mixture all over the beef, coating evenly. Add the chopped root vegetables, onion and garlic to a roasting pan. Place beef on top of the vegetables and allow it to come to room temperature. Either leave on the counter for 30 minutes, or refrigerate covered, overnight or up to 1 day. About 3 hours before you plan to cook the beef, remove it from the refrigerator.
Step 2: Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Cook beef for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue roasting until an instant- read thermometer inserted into meat (away from bone) registers 115 to 120 degrees (for rare) or 125 degrees for medium rare, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes longer. Let rest 20 minutes.
Step 3: While the meat is resting, grab the roasted garlic and mash finely with a fork. Combine the mashed garlic, butter, and gorgonzola cheese, worchestire sauce, salty and better in a bowl. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Step 4: Slice the meat away from ribs, cutting along the bone. Then, slice meat crosswise to desired thickness. Serve with the gorgonzola butter.
recipe provided by: http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/coffee-rubbed-prime-rib-roast-roasted-garlic-gorgonzola-butter/