I don’t think there is a single person on this planet who doesn’t appreciate a good slice of cheese cake. This decadent treat is the perfect desert to bake for a Christmas party or family get-together. Not only is the recipe super easy, but it doesn’t take long to prepare either! So make sure you bake enough for seconds and thirds, because it will be gobbled up before you know it!
Makes one 10 inch cake
Start to finish- 4 hours
– 2 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– ¼ heavy cream
– 2 ½ tablespoons espresso powder
– 3 pounds cream cheese
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1 3/1 cups sugar
– 5 eggs
– 1 tablespoon full vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoon corn syrup
– ½ cup chopped milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease the base of a 10 inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
2. Make the crust: In a large bowl, mix the chocolate cookie crumbs with sugar and melted butter to combine. Press the mixture evenly into the base of the prepared springform pan. Bake until set, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool
3. Make the batter: In a small pot, bring the cream to a simmer over the medium heat. Add the espresso powder and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature.
4. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cream cheese, sour cream, cooled heavy cream with espresso powder and sugar until well combined. Scrape well after mixing. Add the eggs one at a time, pulsing and scraping well after each addition. Add the vanilla and salt, and pulse to combine.
5. Bake the cheesecake: Pour the batter over the cooled crust and transfer to the oven. Once the cheesecake is in the oven, reduce the temperature to 300°F bake until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
6. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 1 hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate until fully cooled, about 2 hours. Run a knife around the edge of the cooled cheese, and then release it from springform pan.
7. In a small pot, heat the cream and corn syrup over medium heat. Place the milk chocolate into a small heat-safe bowl. When the cream comes to a boil, pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit 15 seconds, untouched. Mix the ganache to combine, and pour immediately over the cheesecake. Let set before slicing and serving.
Recipe provided by: http://www.purewow.com/recipes/Chocolate-Glazed-Espresso-Cheesecake