With Christmas just around the corner, we are all starting to sink into that lazy hibernation phase where all we want to do is eat goodies and sleep. But for those of us who are trying to maintain somewhat of a healthy diet during the Christmas season, here’s a healthy little snack that you can enjoy! And it may even give you a boost of energy to hit the gym!
These healthy mocha bars taste like a cross between a mocha and a fudgy brownie! They’re great for snacks, a quick energy boost, or curbing dessert cravings. For best results, store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to get started:
Serving Size: 6
– 3 scoops of Vanilla protein powder (90g)
– ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (40g)
– ½ cup of old fashioned oats (50g)
– 2 tbsp. of Truvia ( (28g)
– 1 cup of cold coffee (240 mL)
1. Line a 9 x 5’ loaf pan with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl stir together the protein powder, cocoa powder, oats and Truvia. Mix in cold coffee until fully incorporated. Afterwards, transfer the mixture into prepared pan and evenly press it down with a spatula. Chill for at least two hours or until firm before slicing into bars.
Note: Notes: Not all protein powders absorb liquids or weigh the same. Start with 3 scoops (even if that weighs differently), and add more protein powder or coffee as necessary. For a more prominent coffee flavor, use double-strength coffee instead.
The bars can be somewhat fragile and flimsy, even if eaten directly from the refrigerator. For firmer bars, freeze for 10-20 minutes before eating.
(Gluten-free, vegan, clean eating, low fat, low calorie, low carb, high protein)
Recipe provided by: http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/05/31/mocha-brownie-protein-bars/