Now that the fall season is finally approaching, it’s time to pull out the oven mitts and get to bakin’! This week we have the perfect desert recipe to start off the baking season; Coffee Cinnamon Rolls! Not only will your taste buds be extremely pleased, but your house will smell delicious as well!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
– 1 cup warm milk (110 *)
– ½ cup granulated sugar, separated
– 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
– 2 large eggs
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup brown sugar, packed
– ½ cup butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons cinnamon
– 1 ½ tablespoons instant coffee granules
– 4oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1/3 cup butter, softened
– 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
– ½ teaspoons instant coffee granules
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. For the dough, warm milk until the temperature reaches 110* F. This should take about 1 minute or so in the microwave.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer combine milk, yeast, and ¼ granulated sugar. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Once foamy, mix in the egg, melted butter, salt, instant coffee, and remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar.
4. Add flour and mix on low speed for 5 minutes.
5. Form dough into a ball and place it into a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. This should give the yeast some time to rise.
6. For the filling; in a small bowl combine the brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon and instant coffee and then set aside.
7. Prepare a 13 x 9 inch pan or a baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
8. Roll dough into a large rectangle
9. Once rolled out evenly spread the filling mixture over the dough. Tightly roll up the dough to form a log.
10. Cut into large equal portions using floss or pastry cutter and place into the greased pan. Cover and let rise for approximately 45 min.
11. Preheat oven to 350* F. Bake rolls for 30-35 minutes.
12. For the frosting; in the bowl of your stand mixer combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, instant coffee, and vanilla. Whip together for 5 minutes or wait until everything is well incorporated.
13. Spread over the top of warm cinnamon coffee rolls.