With each day getting hotter and hotter, cold deserts are a necessity this summer. If you have a bitter tooth for coffee and a sweet tooth for ice cream than this is the recipe for you! Let’s get started!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
– Ice water
– 1 ½ ounces of cream cheese, softened (3 tablespoons)
– ¼ cup strong brewed coffee
– 1 cup almond milk
– 2 cups heavy cream
– ¼ cup sweetener
– ½ teaspoon stevia extract powder
– 1 ½ tablespoons VitaFiber syrup
– 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
– 1 teaspoon coffee extract or instant powder
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/8 kosher salt
1. Fill a large bowl of ice water. In another large bowl whisk the cream cheese cream until smooth.
2. In a large sauce pan combine the brewed coffee, almond milk, heavy cream, VitaFiber powder, stevia extract powder, and VitaFiber syrup. Bring the milk mixture to a boil and cook over moderate heat about 4 minutes. Stir in xanthan gum, coffee extract or powder, and vanilla.
3. Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in the salt. Set the bowl in the ice water bath and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 20 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufactures instructions. Pack the ice cream into a plastic container.
5. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of ice cream and close with an airtight lid. Freeze the ice cream until firm, which should take about 4 hours.
Ingredients provided by: http://lowcarbyum.com/homemade-coffee-ice-cream-without-eggs-recipe/