Put on your oven mitts and bake you and your friends a batch of these tasty coffee flavoured chocolate chip muffins. All you will need is a few simple ingredients to get started!
-1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
-1 ½ cup cake flour
-1 tbsp. baking powder
-½ tsp. baking soda
-½ table salt
-3 tbsp. espresso powder
-10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
-1 cup granulated sugar minus 1 tbsp.
-2 large eggs
-1 ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs, one at a time and incorporating well after each addition. Mix in the yogurt and beat until incorporated.
4. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
5. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Using a large ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly in the prepared muffin pan.
7. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Let cool in a muffin pan for 5 minutes the remove them and place them on a wire rack to cool.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.