This Recipe is the perfect desert to bring to a family get together or a friends party! It’s also quick and easy to whip together at the last minute!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 min
Serves: 12-18 servings
here’s what you’ll need:
Cinnamon Walnut Streusel:
– ½ cup of walnuts
– ½ cup of flour
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ½ tablespoon of cinnamon
– 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
– 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– ½ cup butter, softened
– 1 ½ cups sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large ripe bananas)
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 ¼ cups sour cream (not non-fat)
– ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
– ½ cups walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling:
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– ¼ cup Reserved Batter
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons milk
– Mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray all inside surfaces of a 10-inch nonstick tube pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour or grease and flour the inside of your pan. Set aside.
2. Cinnamon Walnut Streusel: Add walnuts to your food processor and pulse 3 times. Add flour, brown sugar and cinnamon and pulse a few times to combine. Sprinkle cold butter over top and pulse until the walnuts are chopped and the mixture resembles small pebbles. (You can also combine in a bowl and cut butter in by hand.) Set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Using a stand or high mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy on medium high speed, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each egg. Mix in vanilla and bananas until combined.
5. Gradually begin to add flour mixture to the banana/ butter mixture in thirds, alternately with sour cream in between each third. Beat until just combined. Measure out ¼ cup batter and set aside for cream cheese filling. Stir chocolate chips and walnuts into remaining batter until combined.
6. Measure out 1 cup batter (to top cream cheese layer) and spoon the rest of the batter into the prepared pan.
7. To your now empty mixing bowl, add ¼ cup reserved batter, cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla and ¼ cup sugar. Beat on medium high speed until smooth and creamy, for about 1 minute. Spoon the Cream Cheese Filling over batter and gently smooth, but do not touch the sides of the pan. Spread reserved 1 cup batter evenly over filling (it will be very thin).
8. Tap pan on counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles then sprinkle evenly with Cinnamon Walnut Streusel.
9. Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees F or until toothpick inserted comes out clean (without inserting in cream cheese). Let baked cake cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Gently invert cake onto a baking sheet, remove pan, and invert back onto cooling rack streusel side up. Let cool to room temperature.
10. When ready to serve, whisk Vanilla Glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl and drizzle over cake. Sprinkle cake with mini chocolate chips (optional)
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days